Saturday, October 09, 2010

Victorious!

Yay! The $18 Parmesan cheese paid off. I won the "Veggie" dip category, and here's a pic of me with my "trophy" (a bucket filled with fake plastic veggies). There were a lot of delicious dips (20-30) and 4 categories... Tailgate, Veggie, TBD (To Be Determined... a mix of random dips), and Sweet. I didn't have time to prepare the entire dip that morning, so I brought my supplies to work, and I had to get out a cutting board and chop some artichoke hearts at my desk.


I can't take too much credit--this recipe was one that my aunt Catherine made at our house once several years ago, and I used a modification of the following recipe for the contest:

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/quick_and_easy_artichoke_dip/

I add a clove of crushed garlic, too. Yum... so simple, but very tasty. Thanks Aunt Cate for your inspiration!

Also, I might post the other dip winners, stay tuned.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Wahoo!!

Nancy K. said...

Nice work, Lauren! We are very proud! xo Sam, Nancy and Cate

Desidiosuss said...

Get back to work!

http://www.essaykings.co.uk/ said...

I guess a garlic clove will make only good for a dish! I like experimenting with the taste as well! Thanks for the wonderful culinary ideas!

Anonymous said...

ut视频聊天室 , ut视频聊天室 , ut视频聊天室 , ut视频聊天室 , ut视频聊天室 , ut视频聊天室 , ut视频聊天室 , ut视频聊天室 , ut视频聊天室 , ut视频聊天室