Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Family Time

My family came to Madrid! Of course, I had to take them to get churros con chocolate! Here's a picture of Aunt Joan and I enjoying some of my favorite Spanish treats...


Here's Mom, Dad, and I at the Plaza de Espana.


So much has happened in the last couple of weeks... it's hard to know where to begin! Well... the second round of midterms is coming, which is hard to believe. Time is flying here! I'm realizing that I'll be coming home before I know it. For that reason, I'm trying to take advantage of the time I have left!

My parents were only able to stay for one day in Madrid, sadly, but it was good! They met Alicia, my host-mom, saw the school, met a few of my friends, and we all went out for a nice traditional Spanish meal - cocido (a Spanish stew with garbanzo beans, potatoes, pork, sausage, etc.)

Aunt Joan is able to stay for the week, so she's staying with Alicia and all of us and we're roomies! :-) Let the sleeping photo wars begin!

To give a brief history, on a family vacation in 7th grade, I took photos of the family members sleeping, and ever since, Aunt Joan has tried snapping random pictures of me sleeping. I woke up to her taking one of me today! :-) I'll get one of her before this trip is over...hehe.

Next week, I have more visitors! Two of my Milwaukee friends, Marisa and Jeannette, are coming, and I'm SUPER excited for that too. We might go to Granada for a couple days, and of course, we'll all do all the Madrid sights.

Anyhow, I'll write again soon... right now I'm getting over having a cold and the stomach flu... overlapping each other! Ug... the past few days have not been healthy ones. Hasta pronto!

1 comment:

ANJ said...

you're so lucky! i have tried fruitlessly to get somebody to visit me in south america. i don't know if people are just not very adventurous, or if there is something to the "responsibility," "job," and "school" excuses i keep hearing!

i would love to show somebody my world down here...