Monday, April 16, 2007

Thought Salad

It's odd how my thoughts can be in such a whirl.

I turned on the TV today and was shocked and saddened by the Virginia Tech shootings. Once again, humanity has left me speechless. I am deeply sad for those killed. I also truly pity the person who felt so desperate that he felt he needed to kill as many people as possible to numb his own pain. It's hard to understand.

I am in the library writing a 12-15 page research paper on Henry Green's novel, Concluding. Finals are upon me, but it's the papers that are really stressful this semester. However, in a week and a half, life will once again calm down, and I will once again wonder how I managed to finish it all. And after a long weekend, a new round of classes will begin. I really do enjoy the life cycle of college (even with the not-so-fun finals week).

I have my graduation plan to figure out, and many large decisions ahead as I face the last 6 months of college. I'm trying to look ahead at jobs and figure out what classes will most help me before I graduate.

Also, there's the day to day fun of life that is always there, woven into the daily stresses and decisions. Watching the new Rocky movie, learning new songs on the guitar, planning a Wisconsin party for all the BYU-ers, meeting and getting to know new people...there's a lot of cool stuff going on.

So my head is a swirling of all of the above (and many others) as I head through my finals week. Hopefully, they will strike a good place in my mind and I'll be able to wade through it all to the end. So much going on, I'm just trying to keep swimming through it all :-)

2 comments:

*Abby* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Abby* said...

Come on Lauren... you can do it... I know you can make it! Keep it up! Almost done! You rock!