Thursday, June 14, 2007

Adventures in Golf

So, when my parents were in town over Memorial Day Weekend... Dad and I had a chance to go golfing twice! The first time was in Cedar City, which was fun since that's where Dad used to golf back when he started. He said the course was pretty much the same from when he started playing there. And... there was a new addition. Prairie dogs! I guess there's a new rule in Utah that you can't kill them (they're endangered?) but they were EVERYWHERE on the course. Each hole had about 20 prairie dog holes on it with the little guys sticking their heads out and running around. I thought I was going to hit them!


Go Dad! This was at Cascade in Orem, Ut.


Here I am at Cascade too. Ooh, I need to work on my swing.


Two of my golf class friends came with us to golf at Cascade... Chelsa and Sofia. Chelsa is a fellow Wisconsinite, and it was her first time golfing, which was fun. Sofia is from Mexico, and she was on the BYU tennis team, and given her athletic background, she picked up golf FAST. She's really good! (She's the one who taught me all the cool Spanish golf phrases...)


Dad and I after 9 holes. I didn't play amazingly, but it was fun and hopefully I'll get better over the summer!

No comments: