Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween in Wisconsin!

Although I've always enjoyed Halloween, I never seem to find the time to prepare an amazing costume for it. I'm not sure why, but my preparations for this holiday are often neglected until the last minute. :-( Maybe that's what happens when you get too old to go trick-or-treating? I didn't even carve a pumpkin this year! I've realized from this experience that I may have to make my own efforts to get excited for holidays like Halloween--cause I've noticed that holidays can be pretty fun if you just put a little effort into it!

Anyway, I digress. My ward at church had a fun night, with a fright hike at Lapham Peak State Park and then a bonfire/costume party at a member of the bishopric's house. The fright hike wasn't very frightful--staffed mostly by middle and high school-aged kids, but it was still pretty fun and I did get startled a few times. Walking through the woods on Halloween is always a good time.

Here are some of the pictures from the costume party/contest!


Carmen is wearing the same costume she wore at age 2. "I got a lot of candy wearing this costume!" she said about the costume's original debut.


Jared and Megan were Happy and Snow White. I voted for them for best costumes and they tied for first in the group category!


I also LOVED Jeannette's costume. Seriously, isn't she the cutest can of Spam ever?

Nicole tied for first in the individual category. This hair is AMAZING, isn't it?


Paco was Patch Adams and I was a nerd. I like this one. Especially cause it gives you a nice view of Paco's amazing pants! He bought them in Israel.

It was a great night and I'm so glad that fall holiday season has begun! I am a little shocked though that I heard CHRISTMAS MUSIC already on Halloween on two different Milwaukee radio stations! Wow--early start this year, huh?

2 comments:

Digital Daguerreotypist said...

yeah, Van discovered the 24 hour Xmas music - they started it on FRIDAY!! and I think the two stations must be owned by the same company and they started with the xmas music earlier and earlier - I'm quite certain they're going to be starting Xmas music with back to school next year!

Boom said...

You make a cute Nerd. It was fun catching up and reading your blog! I didn't see the NYC post that you mentioned would be forthcoming. Leslie had a blast. Good luck with the job hunting! There's no place like home!