Monday, June 26, 2006

Self-Tanner Disaster


I just have to say something about this whole self-tanner thing. Here's lovely picture of my arm, which, after spraying on some self-tanner, made me look like I had a skin disease :-) I sprayed it on a couple more times... and it blended ok, but I still got more comments than compliments, since it was probably surprising to see me go from "whoa" white to "whoa" tan. I even had someone pull me aside and say "did you have some problems with self-tanner? A quarter cup of lemon juice and some salt. Rub it in with a loufa. I got that from the movie, "The Wedding Planner." Haha, she's a friend, so I appreciated the advice, but I'm thinking I might just chill on the self-tanner for a while. Go ahead and chuckle! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, now I know more the story...that's why I feared the spray tanner. I've used some self tanner on my legs to avoid the "'whoa' white." I got compliments on it looking natural, and it's lotion so you can be sure you got complete coverage. And I didn't get tanned palms. It was a Neutragena - the one where you choose the level of tan. I only put it on one time, and it just looked like I got some color. Only drawback is that it's like hand lotion and you can't be 100% sure you got every spot. But for a fake tan, I liked the results. :)