Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Why I have a hard time wearing heels...

Ok, so a comment on high heels. First of all, I am 5'10''. Recently, I have been trying to become more comfortable wearing heels. It's going ok so far. In the past, I avoided heels on the whole, because I already was used to being taller than a lot of people, and I thought, why add more height between us? :-) I dated a guy once who was exactly my height, so wearing heels made me taller, and that's another reason I never really got into them. A recent guy friend of mine said to me, "I'd date a girl who was older than me, but I couldn't date a girl who was taller than me." I respect that, and up till recently, I pretty much agreed (that I'd want the guy to be taller). I can't deny, as a girl, ideally, you want to be the shorter one... it promotes that feeling of feeling delicate, secure.... etc. But, now, I've come to decide, I want to just be comfortable being my tall self. I don't want to worry about slouching (a common thing us tall people do, often subconsciously) or not wearing heels. And I don't want to turn down guys because of a slight height difference. I can still be delicate and secure. And for the record, overall, I really do like my height. It's the way God made me :-)

No comments: