Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Time is running out...

Here are some pictures from the last week or so... time is running out, but I'm trying to make the most of it!

Here's Sara packing... it was weird to take the suitcases that had been sitting on top of our closet all semester and begin packing! We had fun trying to take them off down... it got a little wobbly for a moment and both I and the ceiling lamp almost got into trouble!



This is a house nearby the school... the leaves are pretty and are falling now, which seems a little late to me, but that's ok, I don't mind that winter isn't quite as intense here! :-)


The Christmas lights in Madrid are AWESOME! They really know how to decorate. This is from El Corte Ingles, the big department store chain in Madrid.


We went one last time to watch my host-lady sing at Luchana! We also got Amanda to sing "Close Your Eyes," and she was awesome! From right to left: Amanda, Fabian, me, and Jen.


So, for a belated Sara's-birthday-present, I got her the chocolate version of Scrabble (yes, the pieces are made of chocolate! yum)... haha, it was in Spanish, so we made it into Spanglish Scrabble. We busted it out today in the snack bar with some people to take a break from finals. And interestingly enough, we found out that Christine's parents (Christine is the one on the right) met at a Scrabble tournament!



As you can see, it's been an ecclectic last while here... we're all taking finals, trying to enjoy Madrid for a few more days with everyone, and getting ready to go home! It's crazy... I think we're all feeling the mix of emotions that come with finishing up the study abroad experience... I think everyone, of course, will be glad to have finals over with, though. I've taken 3, and I have 2 left on Friday. Then... it's one last night hanging out before the majority of people fly home. We have to move out of our housing by Saturday, so most people left by then. I'll be staying for the last few days with a friend from church, Heidi. Then, it's back home by December 20th! Wow. Ok, time to get back to studying and sleep. Hasta luego!

1 comment:

Unprofessional Chef said...

Wow! Those are some really awesome lights! I love Christmas in Europe. They really know how to do it right. Miss you!