Saturday, September 15, 2007

Just for fun

So, I've been tagged! If someone tags you, you write up 8 random facts about yourself and then tag a couple people to do the same on their blogs. So, just for fun...

1. I used to have a stuffed bunny named Phil that I pretended was my husband. Phil was the largest stuffed animal we had, and therefore was deemed to be my husband when I played dolls and stuff. I even used to draw family pictures with me, the kids, and a man with a bunny head wearing a suit. Ha.

2. I've used the same laptop since the beginning of freshman year. For a computer, that's a pretty long life (over 6 years)! I've had to add in extra memory and I installed Windows XP, but the little guy is still truckin' along nicely. We'll see how long he lasts.

3. I once put 28 grapes in my mouth. My friend and I were bored and we decided to have a contest, and after 28 they started spilling all over the place.

4. I played on a boy's baseball team for 4 years in elementary/middle school. And oddly, it didn't really phase me that I was one of the only girls. I was just really competitive I guess. Ha.

5. I sang "Someone to Watch Over Me" at a piano bar in Madrid to a group of older Madrilenos. Not sure if that's something to brag about, ha, but it was definitely funny!

6. I have a secret love for reruns of "Full House" and "Saved by the Bell." Nostalgia I guess.

7. I used to have a HUGE crush on Jonathan Taylor Thomas from "Home Improvement." I even wrote him a letter telling him about how we have so much in common and should be friends. I received a mass response letter with his autograph. Oh well.

8. I once had a class at Marquette that had about 15 people in it, and about 5 of us were named Lauren. Weird, I had never met so many Laurens in one place in my life!

Ok, not sure if that really tells you much about me, but hopefully you learned something new and had a chuckle or two. I tag.... Vickie and Tiffani. You're it!

4 comments:

Unprofessional Chef said...

I totally remember Phil! We got those big bunnies as Easter presents one year! I also remember all the posters of Jonathan Taylor Thomas you had all over your room. Crazy how long ago that was. ;)

Tracy said...

A man in a bunny suit? You should watch Donnie Darko. (Edited, of course.) It's the creepiest/most interesting man in a bunny suit show I know.

Just fyi. :)

Great seeing you the other week, my friend. You're missed. ;)

M&M said...

Lauren! You have listed some really funny and interesting things, and when I was reading them I can totally visualize Lauren doing them. You are so awesome! :)

Hope everything is going well for you.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just thought of a question about those grapes, big mouth..how large were they - the normal ones or those HUGE ones they have now??

and Beloit had a similar problem in the class after mine, only it was Sara's not Lauren's.. :)