Friday, September 28, 2007

First BYU football game in 5 years!


This last weekend, I got to sit in the front row at a BYU football game for the first time. It was also my first football game since my sophomore year at BYU in the fall of 2002. Oddly enough, I didn't even get student season tickets this year because they sold out really early. I was really sad, but my friend Eden came through and offered a couple front row tickets to my friend Emily and I for the homecoming game, since she couldn't go. Yeah!

It was rainy and chilly (and Emily and I were shivering in our BYU t-shirts), but it was so much fun to be up that close. We beat the Air Force 31-6, which made it that much better. At the end, we enjoyed the tradition where the team comes around the first row and gives everyone high fives. Emily and I were in the front and tons of people were trying to reach their hands over, it was almost a little scary... little Emily thought she was going to flip over on to the field! Haha, we went home, had some hot chocolate, and called it a day.

2 comments:

M&M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M&M said...

Lauren! That's awesome you got to go to the game and sit in the FRONT ROW! I am so jealous. I installed dish network to get BYUTV hoping to get some games, but there turned out to be none broadcast on this channel. :( But I guess at least I can watch the reruns of devotionals and also general conference, so I shouldn't really complain. And FYI, I did order take out from Applebees once, but without your lovely company, the steak just didn't taste the same! Oh, are you around during the week of Thanksgiving? I probably will head down to Utah and if you are available, I'd love to take you out to dinner. :)