Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Where I've been

It's been a while since the last post... mainly because my life has been just about the craziest it's ever been! The last month has been a whirlwind of end-of-the-semester stress, graduation ceremonies, family get-togethers, church activities, roommate dates, and other fun things. Both of my roommates and I walked in the April graduation ceremony at BYU! It was all kinds of fun, and I'll have to have a separate post for that with some pictures. Here, though, is a sampling of what I've been up to!


So, my roommates made me a delicious tropical breakfast for a holiday they made up called "Lauren Appreciation Day." Seriously, they are so sweet and fun! I was really stressed there at the end of the semester, and they knew just what would cheer me up/fuel me up in the midst of it all!



Some friends and I went to the Festival of Colors... a yearly spring festival held at the Hari Krishna temple in Spanish Fork, UT. To celebrate spring, people throw colored powder and it was quite the experience! Hard to breath for a bit, since we were in the midst of a shower of powder, so that was a bit scary, but it was also really cool to see tons of people covered in colors.



Kara and I are jumping for joy over graduation! I don't officially graduate till August, and I'm taking classes this spring and summer, but I decided to walk in the ceremony this spring and it was great! I'm almost done with undergrad, finally!


BYU sponsored a "Senior Celebration" night and we benefited with free pizza and ice cream, free bowling, games, a raffle, etc. It was a lot of fun, as you can see :-)

Anyhow, that's a little peek into what I've been doing. I'm starting spring term and I'm taking 2 classes: my final editing class (yahoo!) and The Bible as Literature (my last English class). So far, so good. I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

austin said...

Hey! I know some of the people in those pictures!

Diana said...

No fair - you weren't in the pictures of Lauren Appreciation day and the Senior Celebration...what gives?!?

Lauren said...

We didn't have any of me in Lauren Appreciation Day... and it gets boring if I don't put in pictures of other people! :-)

Leslie said...

Looks like you've been having fun! Lauren Appreciation Day looked like great. Wish I could have been there. Then maybe afterwards I could have taken you up to "Inspiration Point" and we could have played "Yahtzee or something." :)

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like you're having a blast! Glad I stumbled upon your blog from Mo's. Twould have been a shame if I didn't know about Lauren appreciation day, indian sculptures participating in 'choose to give', or especially if I'd lived in ignorance of your moldy cheese poem! Cool insights into the life of Lauren!