Monday, October 20, 2008

I can't keep up, sometimes.

There are times when you feel that you are running along smoothly. You go running each morning. You get your work done. You check your email and respond quickly. You even have time to fit in side projects, like reorganizing your book collection into alphabetical order.

This is not one of those times. Ever since I decided to leave for Wisconsin, life has been quite busy, even though I'm still not working yet. Packing (yet again... sigh...only after being unpacked in my new place for a month), moving across the country, unpacking, job interview/s, church, seeing people, and such has left me exhausted and trying to get into a normal routine again.

Can I just mention that I sort of hate looking for jobs? Each time I go through this process it gets a little more annoying. Ha, I'm sorry--I'm not trying to complain. It's just that repeatedly printing off /updating my resume, filling out my address and name and job history for the fifteenth time, etc. is a little tiring. The good thing is that I just interviewed at a temp agency here in Milwaukee and chances are good that I'll be hired. I was also offered an interview at Rogers Memorial Hospital for a residential counselor position. No guarantees on anything yet, but its nice to at least see something coming of my efforts.

I've realized from all of this that I need to work on being more patient. I will find a job (at least something for a while) and my life will settle down. Decisions will be made. Life will go on. And maybe, just maybe, I'll find time to finish knitting that scarf I started 3 years ago. Or something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and miss you...

times a lot! So come visit! =)

I'll be home a few days for Christmas, so plan on that at least

Digital Daguerreotypist said...

That's great news about the counselor position!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

and hey, craft projects seem to get delayed being finished here too - I have 2 afghans in the process of being made

Breann said...

You are right, it is SO hard to be patient. But being patient is a lesson I learned from you when I moved to Seattle and struggled to find housing. You are great and it WILL work out...in time.

Love ya!