Friday, February 08, 2008

Groundhog Day!

This was my first year officially celebrating Groundhog Day. It was great! Kara (whose 2nd favorite holiday of the year is Feb. 2) organized the party, which included a delicious dinner, an amazing cake, and a viewing of ... "Groundhog Day"!


My roomies getting the bread ready for dinner!


Here's the cake! Isn't it great?!

I have to admit, I think Groundhog Day is officially one of my favorite movies. Seriously, Bill Murray is great. A few of my favorite lines:

"Gosh, you're an upbeat lady!"
"Hey, are any of you up for adoption?"
"That's my favorite drink!" "Mine, too. It reminds my of Rome, the way the light falls on the buildings."
"Believe it or not, I studied 17th century French poetry." "What a waste of time! (Pause) I mean, for anyone else, it would be an incredible waste of time. It's so bold of you to choose that. You must be such a strong person."

I'm thinking celebrating the groundhog's weather-predicting abilities might have to become a yearly tradition! :-)

4 comments:

austin said...

Two of my favorites:

"Do you ever have déjà vu, Mrs. Lancaster?" "I don't think so, but I could check with the kitchen."

"Not bad... Mr. Connors, you say this is your first lesson?" "Yes, but my father was a piano mover, so..."

Lauren said...

Good ones! Hehe, seriously, I think I could quote this entire movie and just laugh to myself and be happy :-)

Leslie said...

That sounds like a fun party. I love that movie too! Jim and I watched it together on Feb 2nd, however we didn't have an AWESOME cake to go with it. Oh well. Maybe next year. :)

just a little bit mo said...

I love the French Poetry quote as well. I'm glad you had some fun with Groundhog's Day. It's almost made me think it might be worth celebrating after all.