Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Relief Society Camp Out

On July 11-12, the Relief Societies in our ward headed up to Blackhawk campground up near Payson Lake (about 50 minutes from Provo). It was so gorgeous up there... it was green and high up in the mountains and there were barely any bugs! (That's one thing I love about Utah camping... there are SO many bugs in Wisconsin.) It was just for one night, but it was a great turnout and honestly, sometimes I like short camping trips better than longer ones. We had a nice campfire, slept in tents (I had a rock or something under my back though... um, not so comfortable, haha), went on a nature walk (we got a little lost though!) and then headed back to P-town. Here are some pictures. Thanks to Sister Richards for taking them... my camera is dead :-(



A picture from my phone of the wildflowers. They were everywhere!



Cooking some hotdogs over the fire!



This is one of my favorite pictures. Kelly, I love you! S'mores are delicious!



Going on a nature walk in the morning. (Notice the Provo High sweatshirt!) :-)



All of us! Our bishop and his wife came, as well as the 1st counselor in the bishopric and his wife. And in the front is Stella, the Richards' black lab :-) I kept thinking about that movie "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" when I'd hear people call Stella. I've never seen it, but for some reason that title has always been a memorable one for me and it kept popping in my head. Haha.

No comments: