Monday, July 07, 2008

Retro Commercials

Since last August, I have been TV-less. It's been a good thing for the most part--I'm surprised how normal it feels now. However, I can't deny that cutting out TV time has probably increased time I've spent watching DVDs and surfing the Internet. Sometimes, you just need something on in the background when you're doing something mundane. Yes? With summer, this has decreased, since I'm trying to spend as much time as possible outside! Seriously, Utah summers are great, especially the evenings, when the air is a little cooler.

Anyway, one of my TV-substitute activities is finding interesting videos on YouTube. One of the best things I've found to keep myself entertained is RETRO COMMERCIALS. For me, the most interesting ones to watch are the ones from when I was a kid. And most of them are on there! The Micromachine man, My Buddy, Barbies, Tootsie Roll Pops, etc.

Here are a few that I remember. Enjoy! Do you remember any of these? Let's hear from you. Which commercials do you most remember from being a kid?









4 comments:

sallysue said...

I remember them all! Though the My buddy and Puppy Surprise are probably my favorite.

Digital Daguerreotypist said...

I always like the tootsie pops one

ANJ said...

the other day i looked up doublemint gum. i was in the mood... those are amazing!

Lauren said...

Yeah I also found the "Big Red" commercials... "So kiss a little longer..." haha. Those are great, too!