Friday, August 11, 2006

I got a digital camera!

I bought a digital camera!! I'm so excited. I used birthday money towards it. It's a Cannon Powershot, and apparently, both Circuit City and Best Buy said that Cannon has the best picture/color quality in their digital cameras. My favorite feature on the camera is its ability to shoot short videos... it can record video clips up to about a minute (with sound!). I think this will come in quite handy in Spain. I've always wanted a camcorder, which is something our family was never into, but I remember the amazement I felt as a little kid as I watched my friend's videos (from birthday parties and stuff) and seeing myself on camera. Isn't that weird to see yourself as the world sees you? First of all, you look the opposite of how you see yourself in the mirror, which is a little random, and also, your voice always sounds a bit different. I like how my voice sounds to me better than it does on tape, haha, but I guess that's cause I've heard it from my perspective my whole life. There's something really cool about capturing a moment in time, whether it be in a picture or in a video. So, I got a nice, big memory card so I can capture lots of Spain moments! I'll be sure to post some on the blog :-) Regular film, it's been fun knowing you, but I'm entering the digital age. Past are the days where I go to Walgreen's for throw-away cameras, which have been my source of pictures for the last 5 years or so. Nothing against them, they've been great, but let's be honest, the picture quality isn't exactly the best. Now, I just hope I can protect the little camera against the harsh world!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, no dropping your new toy in the sand like I did...withdrawal sucks!!

and eventually one day when I have more expendable cash, I will have a darkroom in my house so I can play with film...

ANJ said...

i used up my entire memory card in a 5 day trip to san pedro de atacama, chile. yikes! get ready to get snap happy ;) i also hung out with some study abroad kids that are here from wisconsin/michigan. even some marquette kids.

why aren't you here with me?

Unprofessional Chef said...

I'm really jealous. I can't seem to bring myself to spend the money. Maybe I'll just have to mooch off you!