Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I have a family!

Well, a Spanish family that is. I found out who my host family is! I'll be living with an older lady and her son with 2 other St. Louis University students in downtown Madrid. The housing coordinator said that the apartment is about a 25 minute walk to school, or 10-15 minutes by the metro.

I'm excited - my host mom will provide breakfast and dinner, and laundry service is also included, and internet! I guess this lady has hosted students for 15 years, so she knows what she's doing I'm sure!

I looked online too and found where church is... there's a ward that meets pretty close to where the school is, so I'm glad it's not too far away.

Hard to believe this is all happening... but knowing where I'll be staying is making it all seem more real!

As I'm beginning to organize and figure out what I need to take, I'm trying to bring as little as possible without forgetting stuff that I'll really need. For those of you who've lived abroad, anything that you recommend I should to bring other than the obvious?

No comments: