Sunday, January 07, 2007

Back at BYU

Well, here I am! I'm back in Provo to finish college at BYU. My parents and I drove out last week, stopping half-way in Grand Island, Nebraska, and after some slight delays from snow and ice in Wyoming, we rolled into Provo on Thursday evening.

I moved in to my new apartment Friday, and I was excited to see that this was easily going to be the best apartment I've ever lived in (in terms of quality). My roommate hasn't come back from winter break yet, but she left me a note and some candy, so that's a good sign! My friend Chelsa said my roommate Amanda is really excited to have a roommate, since her old roommate moved out. Hopefully we'll have fun together... I noticed she had snowboarding and rock-climbing gear, so that made me excited too... perhaps I've found a snowboarding buddy!

My parents and I had fun just chilling in Utah a little and we got to have dinner with some relatives up in SLC. I dropped my parents off at the airport today, and I must admit, when they left, I was feeling some tinges of nervousness to be back out here, since my parents were now gone and I realized "I'm really here!" I guess I've gotten use to having my parents around going to school in Milwaukee for a year! But, at least we can talk more on the phone than we could in Spain... so that's cool :-)

My ward at church seems great... my bishop said that it's a slightly older singles' ward, which is fine with me since I'm 24 and so I'm not sure but I'm guessing I'm in the average age of the ward. Funny enough, I came late to church today and slipped into sacrament meeting. Since it was fast and testimony Sunday, I thought, why not get up? After bearing my testimony to a bunch of strangers and introducing myself as a new member of the ward from Wisconsin, I found out after the meeting end that it wasn't my ward! Haha... my ward met UPSTAIRS. Anyhow, another girl had done the same thing, so we laughed about it later.

Well, I start school tomorrow, crazy! It still hasn't totally set in that I go to BYU again. I haven't had too much of a hard time adjusting so far... overall I'm just really excited to get to finish college at the school where I started and spend some time here in Provo! There is snow up on the mountains, so I will have to make some time to do a little snowboarding too :-)

Well, a 2 day car trip in a Pontiac vibe, packed to the gills with my stuff, an Agatha Christie book-on-tape, some good convos with my parents, and crossing 5 states, and I'm here! I'll let you know how school goes! And Happy 2007 to everyone! I still have yet to do resolutions... this week, this week.

No comments: