Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So, it's pretty incredible how many people I still know at this school, considering I've been away for 3.5 years. I've run into Milwaukee people, friends from when I went here before... I think my favorite has been running into "Mo," my great friend (Maria is her real name) from the dorms who I lost touch with after freshman year. I heard she went on a mission to the Philippines and that was the last thing I knew. Then, last week, as I was walking into the Grant building, there she was! I saw her from the side but immediately recognized my long lost friend (I think I last saw her at least 4 years ago). We had a nice little reunion before we both ran off to class again.

I guess between missions, graduate school, getting married, changing majors, and all the other things that might delay, interrupt, or prolong college, there are still quite a few friends around!

Already, too, I've met some great people, who will be fun people to get to know and hang out with. It's nice to be reminded that there are good people everywhere, and there are always opportunities to reconnect with old friends and make new ones. It's a bit cliche, but it's true.

No comments: