Thursday, January 18, 2007

Flashback to Freshman Year

Ok, so I had to add this, given that I was just writing about how I keep running into people I still know at BYU. Today, I had another chance meeting. I was sitting in the Grant Building (the beloved "Testing Center"), and my freshman writing professor passed me in the hall. He stopped, looked for a second, and said, "Hi Lauren. How are you doing?" I couldn't believe that he remembered my name! Seriously, it's been going on 5.5 years since I took that class, during my first semester at BYU. I have probably run into him once since I took the class, and even though, yes, it was a small class, I am so impressed that he still knew my name on the drop of a hat. Wow! I guess I underestimate professors' abilities to remember students or something... I mean, they have so many students, I guess I'm just impressed that he would remember after that long. Anyhow, that made my day. Back when I had him as a professor, I told a couple of the students in our class that Brother Taggart looked like my Uncle Bob. I even took a picture with him on the last day of class so that I could show my family my "uncle-look-a-like" professor. He still looks like him. All I have to say is ... I love this school.

3 comments:

ANJ said...

any dr. turley sightings yet?

Lauren said...

Haha, not yet! I'll keep you posted :-)

Anonymous said...

How could anyone forget your name?? :P

lol Lauren Major, how I miss you! I'm so glad you are having such an awesome time back at BYU =) Hope you continue to have an awesome year and that you keep in touch.

Love ya. God bless!

<3jen