Monday, January 01, 2007

Back in Wisco

Rochelle at her bridal shower... with her two matching teapots! Oops, I guess bridal registries can't always prevent duplicates. Hehe. The family on Christmas! Awww... I love Christmas at home.
3 generations... all enjoying Christmas together after opening a few presents. Aunt Ruth (96) is cheering for the gifts she got :-)
Today, Jared and Rissie, two friends from church, and I went to the kite festival on the Lake Michigan lakefront. A little chilly, but definitely fun! My kite was rebellious, it kept diving and it seriously almost took Rissie's head off like 3 times. Yikes!
Polar Bear on Milwaukee lakefront! Every year on January 1st, at noon, Milwaukeeans jump into Lake Michigan... yes, it is freezing! I didn't do it this time, but I'm planning on doing it at least one time in my life - it was definitely fun to watch though. This group is from church...
The crazy Polar Bears!
We had to put our dog Mocha to sleep. Here's a picture of the little gal on her last day... it was SAD! I had a teary moment right after she left for the vet. She has been really sick this year and wasn't getting better, and so we had to put her down a few days after Christmas. I miss having a dog! Don't think the family will get another one, at least not right now, but I guess I'll just have to get a dog someday! I will miss this one!
Here are Rochelle, Ami and I at Rochelle's wedding reception a few days after Christmas. My former roommate is all grown-up! And isn't her dress pretty??


Well, I made it home and it's been a great Christmas break! After a 8.5 hour flight from Madrid to Chicago, with a tall basketball player behind me (who wouldn't really let me lean my chair back since his legs were so long.... that got a little uncomfortable trying to sleep straight up, I'm not gonna lie) and a long line in customs, I came out of O'hare to see my parents waiting for me with flowers! What a great welcome! Since then, it's been crazy and fun as I've enjoyed Christmas and New Years at home in Milwaukee. I gave a bridal shower and went to a wedding reception for my former roommate Rochelle, saw a few of the high school and church friends, and had lots of good family time with my brother home. Sam had to head back to NY today, and now I'm getting ready to go to Provo on Wednesday... school starts up again next week already! I'm a little nervous and a little sad to be leaving Milwaukee, but I'm also really excited to head back to finish up at BYU, where I started college. It'll be interesting to see how things have changed since I've been there, and also to see who is still actually there that I know! So far, it seems that there are a good number of people there that I know... some from when I was at BYU, others from church in WI... so I'll have a good base of people to come back to. I will graduate in a year from now at the most, so it's the last stretch of college for me! Hard to believe... I gotta start that whole "What do I do now?" planning soon... I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're gonna be at the BY? without me? how sad... say hi to dr. turley for me :)